Nellson Nutraceutical LLC (Nellson), is hosting a series of festivities beginning this week to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the company. Founded in 1962 in Los Angeles under the name of Nellson Candies, the company is proud of its six-decade heritage. Today, as a leading North American manufacturer of branded and private label nutritional bars and functional powder solutions, Nellson celebrates the company milestone with a series of events taking place over the next two weeks at all its locations across North America.
“Our team is incredibly excited to celebrate Nellson’s 60th anniversary as we reflect on our company’s growth and achievements over the years,” said Jean Filion, Chief Executive Officer of Nellson. “Since its inception, Nellson has dramatically evolved into the leader of the industry it is today. While our goal of providing nutritious, safe products that build our customers’ brands and enhances consumers’ lives has remained the same, our rich history reflects a growing and successful company with a committed workforce including many long-term employees. We are pleased to celebrate Nellson’s anniversary alongside our dedicated employees, with a series of events planned at our locations to help us commemorate this moment in our history.”
Over six decades, Nellson has transformed from its humble beginnings to being the major player in outsourced nutritional bars and functional powders. The journey along the way has included several key milestones:
• 1962-Nellson Candies founded in Los Angeles
• 1997-Nellson Candies became Nellson Nutraceutical focused on nutrition.
• 1998-Nellson entered nutritional powder acquiring Los Angeles-based Vitex Foods.
• 2003-Nellson acquired its largest bar competitor Bariatrix based in Montreal, Canada.
• 2003- Nellson acquired powder competitor Cornerstone Labs based in Salt Lake City.
• 2013-Kohlberg and Company acquired Nellson with a strategy to significantly increase the size of the business.
• 2015-Nellson acquired its largest bar competitor Multibar based in Montreal, Canada.
• 2017-Nellson acquired a powder competitor Genysis Brand Solutions based in Salt Lake City.
• 2018-Nellson built a state-of-the-art nutritional bar manufacturing facility in Ontario, CA.
Today, Nellson’s strategically located east- and west-coast production facilities, innovation centers promoting customer collaboration with on-trend innovation, and best-in-class food safety and quality expertise makes Nellson a trusted partner for many brands.