- Ted E. Ziemann, president of Cargill (Minneapolis) Health & Food Technologies, was elected to the Consumer Healthcare Products Association's (Washington) board of directors. Cargill also announced that its inulin supplier, Cosucra Warcoing Group (Warcoing, Belgium), will significantly expand plant production capacity to an excess of 45,000 metric tons per year beginning in late 2004. Cargill Sweeteners North America appointed Elaine Tecklenburg as new products manager.
- MGP Ingredients Inc. (Atchison, Kan.) promoted Steve Ham to director of marketing for specialty ingredients and Brad Maier to corporate director of international marketing and sales.
- Sargento Foods Inc. (Plymouth, Wis.) promoted Janet R. Raddatz to vice president of quality systems and Kristi Jankowski to vice president of R&D.
- Corn Products International (Westchester, Ill.) and GTC Nutrition (Golden, Colo.) formed a strategic alliance to focus on specialty ingredients for the food, nutraceutical and animal feed industries. Corn Products International will acquire a 75% ownership stake in GTC Nutrition.
- RFI Ingredients (Blauvelt, N.Y.) and Overseal Foods Ltd. (Overseal, England) signed a partnership agreement calling for RFI to represent Overseal's complete product line in North America in the food, functional food and dietary supplement markets.
- Chr. Hansen (Milwaukee) named Luc Monbourquette and Marcel Veilleux as territory managers.
- The Solae Company (St. Louis) launched a multi-million-dollar national television advertising campaign.
- Briess Malt & Ingredients Co. (Chilton, Wis.) relaunched its website with more in-depth information on the ingredients it produces.
- Seltzer Nutritional Technologies (Carlsbad, Calif.) promoted Chris Kitzmiller to buyer.
- Grain Processing Corp. (Muscatine, Iowa) promoted Tonya Armstrong to senior applications scientist in the food, pharmaceutical and personal care technical service department.
- Sethness-Greenleaf Inc. (Chicago) formed a partnership with Canandaigua Concentrate & Colors (Madera, Calif.) to market Canandaigua's MegaNatural line of grape-derived natural food colors.
- Sethness Products Co. (Chicago) and Roquette Frères S.A. (Lestrem, France) formed Sethness-Roquette, a joint venture for the manufacture and marketing of caramel color.
- Fortitech Asia Pacific (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) has been certified HACCP-compliant by the Malaysian Ministry of Health.
- Takasago (Rockleigh, N.J.) named Joseph Goodwin senior beverage technologist.
- Robertet Flavors Inc. (Piscataway, N.J.) promoted Gary Link to senior key accounts executive, Diana Furey to group leader of flavor applications, Laurie Angley to group leader of the flavor development, and Sharon Rubin to flavorist.
- Prime Ingredients Co. (Saddle Brook, N.J.) appointed Richard J. Cerny as sales representative.
- Main Street Ingredients (La Crosse, Wis.) named Rudy Rott vice president of operations.
- NutraGenesis LLC (Brattleboro, Vt.) and Flavor & Fragrance Specialties (Mahwah, N.J.) formed a strategic alliance regarding the marketing, product development, sales and distribution of OptiNutrin.
- Evans Food Group (Chicago) named Alan F. Sussna CEO.
- J&J Snack Foods Corp. (Pennsauken, N.J.) promoted Mark Frohlich to vice president of new business development and Cliff Best to vice president of distributor sales.
- WellGen Inc. (New Brunswick, N.J.) received $3 million in equity capital from venture-capital investors, enabling the company to introduce its first product, currently in clinical trials, and to advance other identified compounds to the human clinical trial stage.
- Sartori Foods (Plymouth, Wis.) named Bruce Waddell vice president of marketing and sales and Mike Walz as vice president of operations and operational services.
- Juanita's Foods (Wilmington, Calif.) appointed Ricardo Alvarez as CEO and president.
- Ready Pac Produce (Irwindale, Calif.) hired Larry Kern as president and CEO.
The In Box
May 6, 2004
May 2004 Issue--