US Foods Introduces 22 Products Designed to Drive Competitive Advantage for Bar-and-Grills
Spring Scoop features products designed to help bar-and-grill operators easily get creative and innovate with their menus
US Foods Holding Corp. announced the launch of Spring Scoop, “Raising the Bar: The Classics – Celebrated and Elevated.” The 25th edition of Scoop features products designed to help bar-and-grill operators easily get creative and innovate with their menus, with elevated, upsell-worthy versions of their traditional bar-and-grill fare.
As modern diners seek bolder flavors, new menu experiences and flexible dietary substitutions, adding new items to the menu and elevating the classics with on-trend ingredients is critical to maintaining a competitive advantage. In fact, 54% of diners consider new menu items important to their decision when selecting a restaurant, according to a recent US Foods survey.* The majority of fast-casual and fine dining operators are meeting this challenge head-on by adding new offerings monthly,* driving increased competition with bar-and-grill operators.
Spring Scoop highlights include:
Elevated, Upsell-Worthy Bar-and-Grill Favorites
• Chef’s Line® All Natural** Seasoned Prime Rib Steak Burger: With six ounces of whole muscle prime rib, this burger brings an elevated burger experience regulars will consider their new favorite. Top it with Monarch® Sliced Pickled Red Onion for an extra kick and serve it with a side of Monarch® Rosemary Seasoned Fries for the ultimate burger and fries combo.
• Hilltop Hearth® Premium Pimento Cheese Stuffed Pretzel Knot: To create this crave-worthy appetizer, the pretzel dough is hand-twisted into a knot and filled with creamy pimento cheese, which combines cream cheese, pimento peppers and cheddar cheese. It can be served with signature dips or used as a slider bun for a sandwich.
• Devonshire® Bomboloni: Produced in Italy and par-fried, these fluffy doughnuts can be used in a variety of applications such as sweet, savory or filled. Pipe in jam or cream, and dust with powdered sugar, or split and use it as a bun for a burger, topped with Metro Deli® Uncured Bacon Jam.
• Chef’s Line ® All Natural** Pulled Uncured Bacon: Made from Applewood-smoked pork belly, this savory product offers diners an all-new bacon eating experience. It can easily be substituted wherever traditional bacon is used or show up in unexpected places, such as a delicious topping on a pizza made with Chef’s Line® Gluten Free Italian Pizza Crust.
• Molly’s Kitchen® Plant-Based Burger Patty: This vegan, plant-based burger is the perfect menu option for diners with flexible diets looking to reduce how much meat they eat. It is made with a blend of peas, fava beans and wheat, instead of soy. The 4-ounce patty delivers 23 grams of protein, with a size and weight similar to typical beef burgers. With plant-based burger offerings growing more than 300% on U.S. restaurant menus in the last year,* offering meatless alternatives is not only a tasty addition to the menu, but also a sound business move.
• Chef’s Line® Gluten-Free Quinoa, Green Chickpea, Kale and Edamame Blend: This innovative blend features bright green chickpeas, kale and edamame, all minimally seasoned and pre-cooked to cut down on prep time. The fiber- and protein-rich combo is also vegan and gluten-free certified.
Tools to Simplify Staff Training
According to a US Foods survey, over 50% of US Foods restaurant operators said their trained servers and staff play a direct role in effectively increasing check averages in their business.* To make this role easier, US Foods is introducing new enhancements to its Tipping Point program, specifically designed to help operators introduce new menu items and train staff on how to more effectively drive sales for Scoop products on the menu.
The new Tipping Point resources include server tip cards, back-of-house posters and 30-second videos for every Scoop item included in Tipping Point. In addition to product-specific resources, Tipping Point includes e-Learning and training materials to support both restaurant managers and servers. Beyond just retaining information, US Foods knows ongoing training and reinforcing best practices can improve employee performance and boost morale, which helps create a higher-quality guest experience and leads to increased revenue.
Learn more about 2020 Spring Scoop.
*Datassential, in conjunction with US Foods.
** No artificial ingredients. Minimally processed.