Rubix Foods, a leading culinary and food science-focused provider of flavor and functional ingredients for restaurants and food manufacturers, announced today the grand opening of its highly anticipated new Innovation Center. The 50,000sq-ft "facility of the future" is tailor-made to streamline and accelerate the innovation process on behalf of the company's customers, which includes many of the world's most recognized food brands.
The Rubix Foods Innovation Center includes:
- State-of-the-art show kitchen for in-person and virtual demonstrations
- Top-of-the-line R&D lab for prototype development and evaluation
- Industry-leading R&D test kitchen with advanced equipment to mimic customers' operations
- Two cutting-edge pilot plants to simulate real-world manufacturing
- Full-scale sensory panel and dedicated market research and consumer insight facilities
- Extensive food safety and quality assurance capabilities
The company operates as a full-service problem-tackling partner across the gamut of culinary, scientific, marketing and logistics challenges. To underscore this point of difference within the industry, Block explained: "We're here for collaboration, not credit. The Rubix Foods Innovation Center was built as much for our customers as it was for us. We tell them, 'this is (y)our Innovation Center' and we encourage them to visit us to take full advantage of the tools and talent available to them here."
The preeminent food and beverage private equity firm Arbor Investments announced its investment and partnership with the company in April 2019. The firm has a track record of driving transformative growth and innovation at its portfolio companies. Soon after closing the partnership, Arbor and Rubix broke ground on the new facility in October 2020 and rebranded the company from Darifair Foods to Rubix Foods in October 2021.